So, I still suck at blogging....but....

It's true. I can't help it. I don't honestly know how others make the time to run a business, market the business, take care of children, take care of the house, grocery shop, cook, clean, etc AND have a blog. So, I'm going to keep this short and sweet and tell you about the 2 wood burnings I did this week:
#1 the Marlaina Owl was a request from a customer on etsy (link up top ^) which I had never done an owl before in any way, and had prepared a cutesy clipart style mockup. They told me they preferred a more realistic looking owl, so I had a challenge set before me, as I had never drawn an owl, much less a realistic one. I was always under the impression that realism was not my strong suit. But I like making money and doing what customers want me to do, so I did the best I could and I am actually pleased with how this woodburning piece turned out:
I was so proud of this owl that I showed it to some of my seller groups on facebook, not for marketing because that's not allowed, but just because I was proud of myself for passing a creative challenge and I just think it turned out well! So, in one of my seller groups, another seller liked it so much she ordered a similar ones, but with her own style and ideas, which I have just finished tonight and am shipping monday:
I had never burned a moon before, so that was a challenge, but that's what's so fascinating about doing mostly custom work for people. They push me out of my comfort zone, that they don't even know exists, and it makes me a better artist <3 I do get sad at the memorial plaques that I do for lost loved ones, such as the latter, but they also give me hope that the work I'm doing will bring a piece of brightness into that person's life, and a way to remember and tribute to their loved one forever. And that's super special, I think.
So, I had enough money this week to celebrate my shop and my art and I bought myself a big, cheap bottle of wine from Walgreen's, lolllll. (Because Walgreen's is the closest thing to me)
So, I'm thankful for my etsy shop and my sweet customers who paid me enough to be able to afford wine, cigarettes (I smoke outside, only!) and my first ever business cards, which to be quite honest I have been dreaming of since I was a young teen. I'm ind of a dork, and I truly have always dreamed of owning my own business and have dabbled in any different business ventures, which for some reason always meant I had to have LOTS of office supplies (confession: I am a stationery & paper supplies junkie lol!). So, this is so big and awesome to me that I finally have a reason to buy my very own business cards! I know, I'm a dork, but I'm excited and I love this!!!
So, here's a picture of my business cards that I ordered on Vistaprint:
I did order the cheapest ones, which was 500 cards for $10, gloss or matte, but I don't see why that's a bad thing when they let me customize everything. I used my own background, logo, etc and I customized the fonts. I think they're beautiful! What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
Also, yes I said I was going to upload more papers here and I am slacking, but I will upload 2 this upcoming week :) They'll be made available in the "freebies" section!

Thanks for reading & take care!
~Lynnette

Comments

Popular Posts